Syrma is a big and comfy shawl with textured stitches disposed as a star rain.
26 sts x 34 rounds = 10x10cm in stockinette st with 3.5mm (US4) needles
- The Uncommon Thread, Uncommon everyday (400m for 100g) 2 skeins or 800 m of another fingering thread
- 3.5mm (US4) needles
- 1 marker
This shawl is worked side to side in garter stitch and textured stitch.
The alternation of stripes and textured stitches gives it all its originality while keeping the knitting entertaining.
50 cm x 180 cm
22 sts x 40 rows = 10x10cm in garter st with 3,5mm needles, blocked
- The Uncommon thread, everyday or Malabrigo Sock, or Graine de Laine, Pimprenelle, 1 skein or 400m of fingering weight yarn (color 1)
- The Uncommon thread, everyday or Malabrigo Sock, or Graine de Laine, Pimprenelle,, 1 skein or 250m of fingering weight yarn (color 2)
- 3,5mm (US4) needles
This shawl is worked in garter stitch, followed by sets of short rows and stripes emphasize these parts. This method of construction creates the asymmetrical shape and the I-cord border gives a nice finished touch.
22 sts x 36 rounds = 10x10cm in garter st with 3,5mm (US4) needles
- Tosh merino light de Madelinetosh or The Uncommon Thread, Uncommon Everyday, (400m for 100g), 2 skeins, or 620m of fingering weight yarn (main color)
- Madelinetosh, Unicorn Tails, (47m), 2 skeins, or 65m of fingering weight yarn
- 3,5mm (US4) needles or needles necessary to obtain the correct gauge
- 4,5mm (US7) needles
- 3,5mm hook and waste yarn for provisional cast on