Akene is a shawl worked side to side in garter stitch and “grain d’orme” stitch.
The alternation of stripes and textured stitches gives it all its originality while keeping the knitting entertaining.
The picots edge is worked in the end, so you can choose to add or not to your taste
Akene is the triangular version of Jalava
22 sts x 32 rs = 4” x 4” 10 x 10 cm in “grain d’orme” st with 3,5mm (US4) needles
21 sts x 40 rs = 4” x 4” 10 x 10 cm in garter st with 3,5mm (US4) needles
- Malabrigo Sock, persia (402 m for 100 g), 1 skein or about 370 m of fingering weight yarn (color 1)
- Madelinetosh Tosh Sock, astrid grey (360 m for 100 g), 1 skein or about 360 m of fingering weight yarn (color 2)
- 3,5mm (US4) needles or needles necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
This shawl is worked in garter stitch, followed by sets of short rows and stripes emphasize these parts. This method of construction creates the asymmetrical shape and the I-cord border gives a nice finished touch.
22 sts x 36 rounds = 10x10cm in garter st with 3,5mm (US4) needles
- Tosh merino light de Madelinetosh or The Uncommon Thread, Uncommon Everyday, (400m for 100g), 2 skeins, or 620m of fingering weight yarn (main color)
- Madelinetosh, Unicorn Tails, (47m), 2 skeins, or 65m of fingering weight yarn
- 3,5mm (US4) needles or needles necessary to obtain the correct gauge
- 4,5mm (US7) needles
- 3,5mm hook and waste yarn for provisional cast on